Friday, June 15, 2012

Drugstore Review/Swatch ~Physician Formula's Mineral Wear Blush in Rosy Glow


Hey everyone!  A while back I was wandering the drugstores to find a quick blush to pick up on vacation.  I have completely fallen in love and  have used this blush ever since.  I can't explain how AMAZING this product is!  Too often I buy blushes and find them either too shimmery, too unnatural looking, too chalky, or too hard to blend.  Luckily, this blush doesn't have any of that.  This is my go to everyday blush.  It gives a very natural looking glow and is easy to work with.



Price:  $11.95
Packaging:  4/5
Overall:  4.5/5

Claim to Fame:
"Minerals provide color that achieves soft, sheer shades for a long-lasting smooth, natural finish"



Packaging:  
In my experience in buying makeup at the drugstore, I have to say that Physician's formula pulls off some of the cutest and most compact packaging out there!  I LOVE the mirror as it is perfect for on-the-go.  However, the only downside is that the mirror constantly pops up, even when I don't need it.  Also, the brush is rough and hard to blend with.


Texture and Finish:
Rosy glow is a beautiful baby pink that blends out into a flushed tone on the skin.  This color can work well on all types of skin tones.  The finish is totally matte which I absolutely love in a blush.  There are no glitter specks or anything of that sort, giving a completely natural look.

Blush after a year of good use!




Staying Power:
Due to the sheer wash of color it gives, this blush typically lasts for 4-5 hours.  I have no problem reapplying throughout the day but if you do, this might not be the blush for you.


Unblended Swatch

Buffed out
Completely blended


The Good:
  • This blush has absolutely no glitter which is a huge plus for me!  I like my blushes looking natural versus making me look like a disco ball.
  • Super light on skin
  • No rashes/irritations and I have sensitive skin!
  • Super natural look - Great for adding color to an everyday look.

The Bad:
  • The price!!  For a drugstore product this is more on the expensive end.  Keep in mind, all products from Physician Formula will tend to be the pricier side, but the quality is easily comparable to high end brands.  Plus, I can always find Physicians Formula on a BOGO1/2.
  • Needs to be reapplied for its full effect throughout the day.


Repurchase?
OF COURSE!!  I've almost hit pan and am ready to shell out the money to repurchase at the drugstore. It's one of those staple, can'tlivewithout products.  When I'm going for an "I'm wearing no makeup" look I find that this is the best blush in my collection to add some color and depth to my face.

Leave a comment below on reviews you would like to see and stay tuned for more!

xoxo  Kaylie  <3


FTD Disclaimer:  This post was not sponsored in any way.




1 comment: