Thursday, June 28, 2012

NYC Bound~ Eve's Fashion Haul

Hello everyone! You guys have no idea how excited I am to post this!! This past weekend, Kaylie and I went to NYC and of course, did some shopping!! We spent a lot of our time watching Broadway shows and eating authentic NYC food, but we hit up H and M, Forever 21, Strawberry, Victoria's Secret, Inglot, Sephora, Walgreens, Duane Reade and CVS. We couldn't pass up all these beautiful stores!

We did most of our damage at Forever 21, obviously! The store in Times Square is better than my wildest dreams! It has all the clothes you could possibly imagine and has these gorgeous sections that look like little boutiques inside the store! There are sections of romantic clothing, edgy clothing, casual clothing, workout clothes, skincare and makeup, shoes, accessories... basically the entire online store right in front of you! 

First, we went to H and M and we were shocked to see that they were having a HUGE sale! There was SO much gorgeous stuff but, as per usual, H and M clothing does not fit me that well, so I walked out with two things, not too shabby.

I purchased this cheetah romper for $10 thinking that I could style it, but after really trying it on and seeing how it looked, I think this is something that will stay on the hanger. Do you agree?


We can get up close and personal if you click read more!


Here's a close-up of the romper, it has rouching on the top half where the buttons are and an elastic waist. The rise on the shorts does come up quite high, but the length of the shorts is really short. Not really my style. Probably going back to the store.


When I saw this piece, I immediately knew I HAD to have it.  I've seen these go for $50 or more, but this was on sale for $10. These bustier/ bandeau tops have been making a huge appearance this summer and this one is ADORABLE! It has this amazing print and the detailing on the buttons and the back just sold me! It fits like a dream and is very flattering. I can see myself wearing it with high waisted shorts or a pencil skirt!


Next, we went to the Forever 21 in Times Square! It is 4 floors of absolute paradise! They have everything you have ever seen and can ever imagine arranged in dainty little boutiques and displays. I resisted the temptations of buying from the regular priced and stuck to the sale section. Yet again, they were having an amazing sale and all the sale clothes were buy 1 get 1 free! 

The first thing I saw was this My Melody shirt, Hello Kitty's new counterpart if you weren't aware, and I absolutely love it! I'm a huge sucker for the cute cartoon characters and the shirts is casual and comfy and I can see myself wearing it a million times! It was only $11.99 and I got it part of the BOGO free!


After walking around the sale section for a while, I couldn't find a shirt that I liked that was $11.99 to match the My Melody shirt so I restrained from buying clothes I didn't need and settled for this neon green/ yellow shirt. I wasn't completely in love with it, but technically, I was getting it free and it's a simple cut, solid top, so I can wear it with tons of outfits!


Next, I picked up some accessories that were amazing deals! I was tempted to get other stuff, but I figured I should get what I couldn't pass up and then order others online. I saw these 3 skinny belts for only $4.50! As you can tell, I bought them! They were too great of a deal. The patterns were adorable and they were pretty nice quality. I can see myself wearing them with so many different dresses, skirts and shorts!


Here's a closeup of the patterns! Denim, floral and a nice neutral brown leather with studs!


Next, I went to the headband section because it's incredibly hard to find headbands that fit to my head shape! #girlproblems These fit wonderfully and there was a HUGE selection to choose from. I stuck with the neutral colors and skinny stretchy headbands. I find they work the best!


You can see why I really couldn't pass up these headbands now, right? The 6 stretchy headbands were only ONE DOLLAR and the 6 plastic headbands were only $1.50! I'm surprised I didn't stock up now that I look at it.


Woops! I forgot to take pictures of some basic tank tops I got because they were in the wash! I purchased 3 V-neck basic camis for $2.80 each in peach, mint and teal! Did you guys enjoy the fashion haul? The smaller beauty haul is on its way! Saving you from a shopping disaster today? Leave your rescue story, questions, comments, and requests in the comment section below. Stay beautiful!
xoxo Eve :*

tweet me @evelynSOS



2 comments:

  1. I think you should definitely keep the romper! it's totally in for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the print, but the fit is iffy. thanks for the tip though! i'll consider it!

    ReplyDelete