Saturday, June 30, 2012

NYC Bound ~ Kaylie's Beauty Haul!

Hi lovelies!

I am super excited to be sharing with you guys my recent purchases from New York City!  We had an AMAZING time  scoping out hot deals and visiting our favorite stores in the city.  Today I have the makeup that I bought while I was there.  Eve and I visited every Duane Reade and CVS we could find as well as made some stops at Sephora and Inglot.  While we didn't find much at Duane Reade and Sephora, I definitely spent my money well at Inglot and CVS.


Inglot

YOLO--Haha:)


One of my most exciting purchases was my very first Inglot palette from the store in NYC.  I used what was called the "Freedom System" to choose the colors I wanted and the palette.  I decided on the duo palette which was $7.00 and then purchased my two shadows for $6.00 each to get the palette for a total of $19.00.  While that may seem a little steep for two shadows, they are amazing quality and I didn't know when I would be back to purchase them.  While I was originally going to get one matte and one lid shadow, I decided on getting two lid shadows since they were too gorgeous to pass up.  They have amazing pigmentation and staying power.  Review to come soon!

Keep reading to find out what I purchased at CVS!









CVS


As many of you know, the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale is happening NOW!  I was ecstatic since it's hard for me to find a CVS where I live.  There are so many products marked down from 50-75% off.  Unfortunately, the store I went to lacked Rimmel and Neutrogena, but I spent my money on other things.  I tested out some of these products and are really happy with them!  The only thing I regret is that Covergirl shadow palette since they lack pigmentation and good texture.

Prices:

1 Covergirl Palette in Dazzling Metallics- $3.25  (Originally $6.50)
1 Maybelline Define-A-Lash- $5.25  (Originally $10.50)
1 Maybelline Marble Eyeshadow Duo in Mocha Mirage- $4.49  (Originally $9.00)
1 Maybelline Single Shadow in Turquoise- $2.49  (Originally $5.00)
1 L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Peach Parfait- $5.25 (Originally $10.50)
Grand Total:  $20.73
Saved:  $20.72


Maybelline Marbled Eyeshadow

L'Oreal Lipstick in Peach Parfait
Above are some of my favorite beauty purchases from CVS.  I absolutely love the peach lipstick color for an everyday look and the Maybelline eyeshadow duo is just amazing in pigmentation.

Have you girls ever tried one of these products?  What is your favorite city to shop in?  Leave a comment down below!

xoxo  Kaylie  <3

6 comments:

  1. I wanna go to the states and buy every makeup products that's available in the drugstore. unfortunately makeup here in thailand is so expensive compared to the states :S

    An-An

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make it here to the states one day, it's an amazing experience!:)

      Delete
  2. OMG that inglot eyeshadow looks amazing! review it please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made my first inglot purchase too and i absolutely love the quality of the eyeshadows ! great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, i know right? they are my absolute FAVORITE eyeshadows--i can't wait to buy more! thank you so much! <3

      Delete