Saturday, June 23, 2012

Smooch Proof Products

Hello my loves! Summer has finally begun and we've been spending all our time at the country club and by the lake! I wear minimal makeup in the summer so it's usually mascara, eyeliner and lip balm or gloss. Instead of doing dozens of reviews, I decided to combine everything into a collection post! An overview of my collection!

Protecting your lips from the sun and keeping them hydrated is crucial! Who wants to be kissing a girl with dry, crackly lips? 

Lip Treatments/ Lip Balms 


My lip treatments and balms are products I use at home; either before going out or right before bed. I use Rosebud Salve on a daily basis just to hydrate my lips at night. I use the Chapstick treatment when the air is especially dry or my lips are dry! The Blistex is used for dire emergencies when my lips are completely burnt or peeling. Don't use it too often though because you don't want to keep applying medicine. The Nivea is used right before I head out the door because the SPF 30 protects throughout the day.

Chapstick Overnight Lip Treatment Skin Protectant Lip Balm, Nivea A Kiss of Protection SPF 30, Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment, and Rosebud Salve (Original)

Keep reading for the inside scoop on alluring lips!










EOS Lip Balms


I always carry an EOS in my purse because they're easy to find. I carry around a huge purse to fit everything, and I can find the EOS just by reaching into my bag. No fuss with makeup bags or zippers. I use the lemon when I know I will be outside to add more SPF and the mint indoors to hydrate. As you can see, I've had these for a while and they're still going strong! They have the right about of moisture without being oily. Perfect daytime lip balms!


EOS Smooth Sphere in Lemon Drop SPF 15 and EOS Smooth Sphere in Sweet Mint

Tinted Lip Conditioners


For a flush of color when I'm going out I put on one of these lip conditioners. They brighten up my face while also adding some personality to my outfit! The Clinique balm is a little sticky but makes the lips look full and luscious. It's a man magnet.. TRUST ME! The Nivea gloss adds a hint of pink while also having SPF in it and the Burt's Bees balms add a hint of sophistication.

Clinique Superbalm in 01 Grape Tint (sample size), Nivea A Kiss of Shine Pink Glossy Lip Care, and Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Fig and Radiance

Here are the swatches of the tinted lip conditioners!

Left to Right: Clinque Superbalm in 01 Grape Tint (sample size), Nivea A Kiss of Shine Pink Glossy Lip Care, and Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Fig and Radiance

Lip Colors


These lip colors make more of a statement while still being light. I don't own any lipsticks because I find they are a pain to touch up and are not natural enough. I basically can't pull them off. For a long lasting color, I go for a lip stain. I only own one as of now, but I'm waiting for a sale to stock up on more! 
The NYC stain gives a bright pink color to the lips that literally lasts for 16 hours... through eating, drinking, and talking. These next four are my favorite glosses! 
The two by Wet n Wild are super smooth and shiny. They add drama and draw attention to any girls' lips. ;) The next two glosses are substitutes for lipsticks because they are extremely pigmented! 
The Prestige glosses are hard to find but they are incredibly pigments and long lasting. They also act as a plumper and every girl loves that! The color is perfect for a soft summer look. The Rimmel gloss is my go- to red lip. It's pigmented, long lasting and also has SPF.  (do you see a trend? ahaha)


New York Color (NYC) 16 Hour Lip Stain in 494 Smooch Proof, Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in 562B Cherry Glaze, Wet n Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss in 593 Crushed Grape, Prestige Wonder-Full Lip Plumping Gloss with Maxi Lip in Chic, and Rimmel Moisture Renew SPF 15 Lip Gloss in SOS Red

Check out the swatches of the lip colors! The lighting made my skin tone look a bit orange, but I assure you, the shades are true to color.

Left to Right: New York Color (NYC) 16 Hour Lip Stain in 494 Smooch Proof, Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in 562B Cherry Glaze, Wet n Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss in 593 Crushed Grape, Prestige Wonder-Full Lip Plumping Gloss with Maxi Lip in Chic, and Rimmel Moisture Renew SPF 15 Lip Gloss in SOS Red

Are you girls going to try some of these for the summer? Keep some variety in your collection but don't give up looking for what works best for you! Protect your lips from the sun and keep them looking soft and inviting! Look out for those smooches! Save you from a makeup disaster today? Leave you rescue story, questions, comments, and requests in the comment section below. Stay beautiful!

Are you wondering which one of these is my absolute favorite? It's gnawing away at you, right?... Well, "Sorry, I don't kiss and tell!" 
xoxo Eve :*

tweet me @evelynSOS

2 comments:

  1. what do you wear with red lips? I feel like the lips are too bold and compete with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to keep the eyes simple and wear a more formal outfit. they will definitely look out of place if you just came from a sporting event! haha

    thanks for visiting our blog!

    ReplyDelete